Application & general information

CIRA College (Canada International Royal Arts College ) is located in the centre of Vancouver, British Columbia.

The address is 896 W 8th Ave (2nd Floor) Vancouver, BC V5Z 1E2. We are conveniently located close to bus and Skytrain stations.

DLI #O142484375262.
CIRA College can issue Letter of Acceptances for our students.

CIRA College has the following 2 programs:

  1. Business Management Diploma (BUSI)
  2. Media Design & Web Development Co-op Diploma (MDWD)

We operate small class sizes, varying from 8 to 15 students. That way we can focus on teaching our students to grow and face the Canadian job market properly.

  • Valid passport
  • A secondary school diploma or equivalent. You must provide transcripts.
  • English Test. You can provide one of the following options:
    • TOEFL PBT – 513; CBT – 183; iBT – 65
    • TOEIC – 620
    • IELTS – 5.5
    • CIRA College Online Test (70%). Ask our advisors and we can send you our English Test.

According to our admissions periods we have some scholarships that allow you to reduce the cost of your study program. Also, we can provide a payment plan if you need it. Ask our advisors.

You can apply online anytime at: www.ciracollege.com/online-application

If you need additional support please contact us in admissions@ciracollege.com

Once you apply to CIRA College, we will review your documents and issue the following:

  • Document for payment of the Application Fee: CA$ 250.
  • Offer Letter to pay the Secure Deposit according to each program.
  • Letter of Acceptance, with which you can apply for your Study Permit. If the Study Permit is rejected, our college returns this deposit except for the application fee ($ 250).

We make sure students are serious and they want to take our programs.

This deposit is not an extra fee, it’s just a part of the tuition fee before we issue the Letter of Acceptance.

You can pay through wire transfer or an international credit card. When we issue the documents we explain all details to make a payment.

Preparing for your travel

We’ll help you choose the best option for you. At CIRA College, we work with partners who help us find a room or a homestay. The cost will depend on the kind of accommodation.

Rooms are spaces you can use alone or share some facilities with other students. Homestays are a family home, where you can share some facilities with other students. Homestays would include some meals if you need them.

You should apply immediately after to receive your Study Permit approval and at least four weeks before the date of your travel.

Yes, international students must travel with health insurance from their country. It should cover at least 3 months while students apply for MSP (Medical Service Plan), British Columbia’s health insurance. Students can apply for MSP after their arrival to Canada.

It is relevant to check the website of the Canadian Government to complete all the requirements entirely like vaccinations, Covid-19 testing, and quarantine because it could present changes. So, please check the following link permanently: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

Studying and working in Vancouver

During study time, the student is only allowed to work up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. Students can work up to 40 hours per week during the co-op period.

CIRA College finds it for you at no extra cost. We work with partners in Vancouver to find the Co-Op placement for our students on time. These are the Co-Op placement process steps:

  1. Introduction of Co-Op period and student details form,
  2. Improvements of Resume and Cover Letter,
  3. Training for facing the future interviews,
  4. Schedule of interviews with employers,
  5. Confirmation of Co-Op placement.

Yes, you can. You can work while you study with a valid study permit.

You can start to work the moment you start your Diploma program. You can’t work before. If you need to level your English during this period, you may not work.

Your study permit will state whether you can work in Canada and the employment requirements. This statement enables you to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada; obtaining a SIN is a crucial requirement before you can work while studying in Canada.

As an international student with a valid Study Permit, you should be eligible for a provincial health care card to access these services. The Medical Service Plan (MSP) is the health insurance used in British Columbia.

Applying to the Study Permit Canada

After receiving your Letter of Acceptance from CIRA College, you can apply for your study permit to study in Canada.

You can apply from your country on the official website of the Government of Canada. To apply for your study permit, please check all requirements in this link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

Applying for a Study Permit costs CAD 150, but you must always confirm the information on the website from the Government of Canada.